Monday, May 13, 2013

Tip-off: Proud!


Imagine driving down your local highway and when you just merge into traffic you look up to see, well you! Cool huh, oh you don't know me either. But that is exactly what happened to Tanisha Wright this week and words can't describe how proud I am of her! Yup, that is her alright and there are several scattered throughout the Greater Seattle area!
I have had the pleasure of knowing Tanisha since she was 14 years old and I was asked to look at an extremely talented, but raw freshman at West Mifflin. She decided to play for our AAU team and the rest is history. Throughout the years, I have seen her basketball ups and downs, graduate HS & College, become a pro athlete, and a smart, successful business woman.”Woman”, when we first met she was a kid and now she is a grown woman... Insert smile here! Although we had a great player-coach relationship (even though I had to throw her out of the gym a couple times), it is the friendship that emerged that I am most fond of. I’m not a good friend, I never tried hard enough, but this is one I think I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment